Sunday, January 18, 2004
Project - Make a Romantic Artistic Paper Tag
Romantic Tag Art Love and Kisses Letters from the Heart (click to enlarge)
Tag #3: Love and Kisses - Letters from the Heart:
This tag was made for my altered book project titled, "Love and Kisses." I made eight different tags, which are inserted into a double-page pocket spread found inside the altered book. ~ Article by Kim M. Bayne
Starting with a pre-made manilla paper tag, I added the following items in order:
• Sand-colored inkpad, sponged directly onto the tag using a cosmetic wedge
• Faux postage cancellation mark from a rubber stamp, stamped in black on the tag
• The USPS postage stamps were found searching on Google.com with the keywords "love" and "stamps." I printed them in miniature on label stock and cut them using scalloped decorative scissors.
• Two pieces of red card scrap, torn freehand. I applied a red inkpad directly to the torn edges before adhering the card pieces to the tag. After putting the scraps on the tag, I cut the edges to match the tag shape.
• Rubber stamped image of a small heart, stamped multiple times on the top piece of red card stock
• Piece of torn botanical-infused specialty paper, applied in front of the bottom red card scrap, edges cut to (almost) match tag shape
• A strip of three red satin puffy hearts -- probably found at a fabric and notions store, but I got them in an embellishment swap run by Deb Rottum
• Heart-shaped aluminum paper clip, tied into the fibers
• Fibers on the top of the tag include a red and gold cord-like yarn and a red eyelash yarn
By the way, please don't let my style dictate how to create your own tag art. Your tags can be as simple or elaborate as you like, using your favorite supplies and tools.
Try designing a few original tags of your own. Now your next gift package can include something extra that no one dare tear or throw away!
Tag Art in This Series
• "Night on the Town"
• "Colorado Cowboy"
• "Love and Kisses - Letters from the Heart."
Product Resource Guide
• Project photos taken with a 1.31 megapixel Olympus D-460 Zoom digital camera
• Shop for stickers at eSticker
• Find discount art supplies and craft supplies at MisterArt.com
Article Description: Ready for some romance in your life? Make a romantic gift tag to attach to your Valentine's Day gift.