Miniature Box Tag for Valentine's Day
Materials & Tools
Click to enlarge images. Click the back button to return to this article.)
1. Download the miniature box tag template from here.
2. Cut an 8.5 by 11 inch piece of brown kraft paper. Print the template on to the paper with your inkjet printer. You can run the paper through the inkjet printer again, upside down, if you would like to make two box tags -- one on each end of the paper.
3. Using scissors (or a craft knife and straight edge), cut out the template.
4. Using the Fiskars paper cutter (with the folding blade inserted), crease the template on all the dotted lines to make folding easier.
5. Lay the template flat so you can decorate it. Using a cosmetic wedge or sponge, apply red pigment ink onto the back of the template -- that is, the side to face out after you have folded the box.
6. Cut a small piece of corrugated brown cardboard to fit the width of the folded box tag's front.
7. Line the red buttons up on the corrugated paper and mark through the holes so you know where to punch. Punch small holes in the paper, then thread the gold twist ties through the holes and tie on the two red buttons. While you're at it, punch the hold in the end of the box tag. Now trim the ties close to the button so only about a half inch remains on each end.
8. Apply the small brass heart to the corrugated piece using adhesive dots.
9. Use double stick tape to attach the corrugated piece to the upper front of the box tag.
10. Apply red glitter glue to the lower half of the box. While the glue is drying, add pieces of the red feather. Allow the box to dry completely.
11. After the box is dry, fold the box into shape. Fold and hide the extra tab using double stick tape.
12. Using adhesive dots, add the miniature roses to the tab stub.
13. Add the fibers to the tag hole using a Lark's Head knot.
14. Fill the box with M&Ms, miniature kisses or other small candies. Give the tag to your swwetheart on Valentine's Day
Product Resource Guide
· Most project photos on this page were taken with a 5.0 MP resolution KODAK EASYSHARE DX4530 Zoom Digital Camera
· Browse for Paper Crafts Books at Amazon.com
Article Description: Create a miniature tag with a secret -- sweet treats for your Valentine.